Pages with Stuff

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Definitely here, but not here

My first day of the school year started yesterday, and already I feel overwhelmed by real life duties. As usual, I completely overestimated how well I'd be able to juggle all of this plus school. I'll be checking in frequently and reading all of your stories, but once again, Six Degrees will be put on the back burner. I wouldn't call this a hiatus, but more of a warning that the updates will return to its sporadic state.

In reference to SV Times (btw- I loved the fishing update!), I'm not sure if I'll be able to post on it as often as I would have liked to when I offered to sign on. I will try to write at least two SV Times articles this year though, because they seem like fun writing exercises. Maybe I can somehow convince myself that it counts as English homework. :)

Meanwhile, I'll probably update this blog with random stuff as usual. I'm currently messing around with building stuff, and maybe creating a Sunset Valley 2.0. I've already remodeled most of Sunset Valley in-game, so I figured there wouldn't be any harm in experimenting with SV Lite in CAW. It's a major project and I'm not completely sure about it, so I'm not going to devote a lot of time to it.

I hate making blog posts without pictures, so...here are some pictures!


Talk to you guys soon,
Cheezy :)

8 comments:

  1. Bummer about RL duties. I think everyone is the same atm though. lol

    Lovely shots btw. Oh and I wanted to ask you about CAW. Would you call it user friendly? I'm thinking of giving it a go. Would really love to create or play around with it. I could use a few other buildings in SV, if you know what I mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much, yeah. Just thought I'd give a heads up anyway. :)

    Thank you! CAW? User-friendly? HA! Certain aspects are very easy to grasp, but it definitely takes patience, a lot of diligence, a bit of research, and sheer luck. It took me five or six crappy half-done worlds to reach that point, and it still isn't anything spectacular. I think it mostly varies from person to person though, so you may have more luck than I did. I certainly hope so! :)

    One thing I've learned about CAW is to not force it. Above all, CAW should be fun...ish. If you feel yourself getting frustrated or anxious to finish up, stop doing it immediately and take a breather until your head is cleared. When I make worlds while in that state of mind, it starts to look sloppy.

    SV is shockingly small, in comparison to how much land mass it's really capable of taking. I went into the SV Lite file and was completely shocked. An expansion is definitely in order. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello mah Cheezy! Hope everything is going well with school and life and all that jazz. I'm, well, currently stuck in the middle of a hurricane bored out of my mind lol. But a lot of people have it way worse so I'm not complaining. Anywho just thought I'd say hi and as always love the pics, especially the ones of the docks. Lurkfully yours, Umi <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umi!!! Long time no see! :D

    Ooh, hurricane Irene hit you? I was listening to the news earlier, it sounded horrible. I hope you remain safe. <333

    *lots of hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheezy!

    I was about to say sorry about school, but I'm glad that you are taking school very seriously.

    As for The SV Times, that's fine, of course. When you can put up an article, go for it. And remember short and punchy is fine, I don't expect epic from the volunteer writers. I do find for me that the more I write, the easier it all gets. So maybe writing them would be good practice.

    Those are some pretty pics. I admire the determination to get a usable world from CAW - I came to the conclusion that I could but it would take so very long to do right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PiB! :D *hugs*

    Yeah, I'm trying to. It's kind of...interesting, to say the least, because my attention span gets shorter and shorter with each school year. Unfortunately, that means less time for me to spend on the computer; unless I get awesome three-day holidays such Labor Day.

    I just finished up a chapter, and it'll be published on the 7th, so I'm excited for that!

    I can do short and punchy. As soon as a topic arises, I'll go ahead and email it to you. :) I think Alex will have quite a bit of writing to do soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baaah--I hear ya, girl. :( I'm glad you're putting your school first, though--it's easy to put your hobbies first if you aren't careful. XD (Been there, done that.) Just don't burn yourself out too much!! <3

    The town is coming along super splendidly! You and your CAW talent, *shakes fist* lol! Cool to see you're still working on it! Hopefully time allows you to finish it someday. ;)

    Hope all is going well for you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, thanks! I'm sick today, so I have some time to do some game stuff. Whooo!

    My CAW talent is quite limited, but improving somewhat. My motivation has remained the same though, so it may not see the light of day. ;)

    I can't wait for Pets to arrive at my doorstep. I just got an email from NewEgg about its status. *excitedly bounces*

    ReplyDelete